Re: Question for candidates

Hi Richard,

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Richard Stallman <rms gnu org> wrote:
> I'd like to ask the candidates this question:
>
> * What do you think GNOME should do to help promote the ideals of free
> software, beyond being composed of free programs.

On the practical terms, as others stated, we should make sure that
GNOME is great software and has cool features that make people /want/
to use it. Our communication usually follows this method I believe,
first we always say that GNOME has done X or Y and that it has
happened because of the efforts of all the people gathered around this
Free Software project.

I think that the plan of "making it rock -> telling about its Free
Software nature" works fine, with the sidenote that we shouldn't
forget about the second step of telling people that GNOME has reached
this level of awesome thanks to it being Free Software