Re: Questions for all board candidates

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 3:53 AM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
... snip ...
>>  what about recording how board members vote
>> on a given topic. This includes +1 / -1 / abstains and perhaps give a
>> small comment on any -1 or abstain.
>
> Stormy brought this up last year, to a number of individual members of
> the Board, but we failed to put it in place. It places a large strain on
> the minute taker though, so I guess we'll have to see the technicalities
> of implementing it.

Perhaps there is a way some of this could be automated? Brian does a
great job of keeping insanely detailed minutes, but I fear anything
with a bus factor of exactly 1. This would be greatly enhanced if more
of the meetings (not saying all of them mind you) were in IRC. There
could even be an application that helps tally the votes and whatnot. I
dunno, but this is not an insurmountable problem. Again... where
possible, the Board should set the example for openness just like when
GNOME set the example for openness before QT was free software.

--
Jeff Schroeder

Don't drink and derive, alcohol and analysis don't mix.
http://www.digitalprognosis.com