Re: Question to candidates: on-line services

On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 00:27 +0200, Gil Forcada wrote:
> Hi members,
>
> Everyday more and more services are offered on the cloud and there's
> also initiatives powered by Free Software (tomboy on-line...).
>
> One of the main problems for Free Software projects providing cloud
> services is the hardware/administration/connection expenses which are
> mostly a no-go for a Free Software project without any backing from a
> big corporation.
>
> As a member of a the future board will you look for ways to promote and
> look for resources to offer these free software cloud services? Maybe
> part of a funding campaign (be a Friend of GNOME and have a Tomboy
> on-line account for free).

I'm not sure that administration, hardware, or the likes are the major
blockers for this sort of problem. What's really missing is the cloud
services themselves.

When we do get a cloud service worth offering for the whole of our
community, we'll find a way to get past the financial hurdles.

Cheers