Re: Candidacy: Lionel Dricot

Le mercredi 25 mai 2011 à 14:34 +0100, Bastien Nocera a écrit :
> On Wed, 2011-05-25 at 15:19 +0200, Lionel Dricot wrote:

[snip]

> Could you explain what concrete plans you have? Are you thinking that
> the GNOME Foundation should take care of distributing bids from
> customers to its ecosystem?
>
> You seem to have a set plan, but we don't know any of the details for
> it, which makes it a bit hard to judge.

I have a lot of ideas. Some are well defined, others are just sparks
that need to grow ;-)

Examples includes: common mailing-list for commercial support providers,
seminars during summit, helping entrepreneurs to launch their GNOME
startup (with advices, contacts with investors, potential customers),
coordinating some cooperative event/happenings like commercial
advertising. There's a lot that could be done.

But, before deciding to stand for election, I took the time to talk with
some board members. They all said that being on the board is a
difficult, time-consuming job.

If I'm elected, it will be my first year on the board and I need to
learn.

I don't want to sound arrogant or too optimistic. I want to keep in mind
small achievable objectives. One of them is the webpage. But I hope that
this webpage will only be a start for more other things, that could be
carried upon by futur board members.

Lionel