Re: Candidacy: Lionel Dricot

On Wed, 2011-05-25 at 15:19 +0200, Lionel Dricot wrote:
> Hi Bastien et al,
>
> I'm sorry for the late reply but I wanted to take the time to clarify my
> vision.
<snip>
> But improving the situation is not only about adding a webpage. It's
> really about adding a new paradigm to the GNOME foundation. The GNOME
> foundation should act as the owner of a commercially supported product.
> This is of course huge and I don't think it would be achievable in one
> year. But, if elected, I would like to achieve at least the first steps
> in that direction.

Could you explain what concrete plans you have? Are you thinking that
the GNOME Foundation should take care of distributing bids from
customers to its ecosystem?

You seem to have a set plan, but we don't know any of the details for
it, which makes it a bit hard to judge.

> Le lundi 23 mai 2011 à 12:02 +0100, Bastien Nocera a écrit :
> >
> > Definitely, in fact, that's exactly what I discussed with Martyn on
> > foundation-list a couple of weeks ago.
>
> I hope I convinced you that it was not only about a webpage.

No, but starting work on the webpage would certainly be a good start :)

Cheers