Re: Candidacy: Emmanuele Bassi

2011/5/21 Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com>:
> On 2011-05-21 at 22:11, Guido Iodice wrote:
>
>> So, locking GNOME to Fedora is simply short-sighted
>
> first of all: at no point in my email I talked about Linux-only, and
> least of all, at no point I've written Fedora. so that's that, and I
> think you're projecting the flamewar on d-d-l here — so I'll kindly
> ask you to stop right there.

Instead, I think this is an interesting and non-flamework point.
You said you hope to have an official GNOME OS ISO, so...

Do you think we'll have to create a "gnome iso maker team"?
How do you think we should select extra software (where
extra software means stuff useful to day to day usage, even
command line utilities, but not strictly needed to build and run
GNOME OS)?
And, related, should we define a policy to provide security
updates for extra software and non-GNOME software in
GNOME OS?
How should we test all the stuff needed for a first class experience
(hardware support, drivers, ecc)?
Which resources (servers, machines, bandwidtht) will this
GNOME OS ISO needs?
Do you suggest to "rebase" it on existing distro or create it
from scratch?

And, if rebased, coming back to the initial point, do you think
GNOME OS should/could be based on an indipendent distro
(for istance Debian) or on a distro sponsored by a commercial
entity (Fedora/RedHat or Ubuntu/Canonical or openSUSE/Novell)?

A final, totally/partially unrelated, note: I suppose accusing someone
of trying to fire up a flamewar is a not so good to support your
candidacy to make "the GNOME community a place of good and
positive collaboration" (quoting yourself)

Cheers, Luca