Re: Candidacy: Rodrigo Moya

On Thu, 2011-05-19 at 12:50 +0100, Allan Day wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-05-19 at 11:26 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > >
> > > Do you think GNOME means GNOME shell or not?
> >
> > yes, I do
>
> Could you both elaborate, please?
>
> Rodrigo: can you explain how the GNOME project will benefit? Why is your
> approach better than the alternatives?

well, not sure my approach is better, I'm sure other candidates will
have great ideas also, just that there seems to be a lot of discussions
about what GNOME OS is/is not or should/should not be. So I'd like to
contribute in making it clear what the whole GNOME project is for 3rd
parties.

As my personal opinion, I agree completely on the GNOME OS idea,
although we should really not forget other OSes (Solaris, *BSD, etc)
that use GNOME or other systems (Meego, etc) that are interested in just
using our platform. So, I will try to keep the focus on the GNOME OS
idea (with GNOME Shell, to answer again Olav's question) but making sure
this doesn't break our relationship with those other systems.

Does this answer your question?