Membership Committee Meeting Minutes
- From: Andrea Veri <av gnome org>
- To: foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Membership Committee Meeting Minutes
- Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 16:54:47 +0200
the GNOME Membership Committee had a meeting on 04/05/2011,
all the details will follow:
• Andrea Veri
• Bruno Boaventura
• Pedro Villavicencio
• Tobias Mueller
• Christer Edwards
Agenda for the meeting and items discussed:
• preparing elections
• discussions about the current status of the committee to track down problems and issues I've been reporting since some time to specific members of the Committee.
• Elections schedule has been decided and mailed to foundation-list/announce already. Mail available at 
• foundation.gnome.org/elections has been updated with the upcoming elections material. Everything can be found at  (it still needs to be updated with all the relevant bits as soon as the candidacies timeline will end)
• new policies and procedures have been explained again to the whole Committee to avoid future problems and issues while processing new applicants.
Logs available at .
Some past items were discussed into our mailing list:
• changing the requirements for approving a request. (e.g two MC members ACKs for a request to be approved and not just one like now. I would like to be sure most of us are okay when a new GNOME contributor is going to join the Foundation.
• application's page , are we ok with that? I guess no, the application form should be updated and renewed like we agreed at our latest meeting.
• setting up a private membership committee mailing list. (for future updates, doubts about applications, meetings organization and everything else that should be kept private)
• two Membership Committee members acks are needed for an application to be accepted.
• membership-committee-private mailing list is up and running.
• The application.php page has been updated and renewed (it now asks less but more specific questions to grab all the details we really need to process an application succesfully)
• quite all the Wiki pages under the MembershipCommittee area renewed and updated. Now everything should be ordered in a correct and good way. (easy to read, browse, search through)
on behalf of the GNOME Membership and Elections Committee
] [Thread Prev