Re: GNOME Foundation budget (Oct 2010-June 2011)

On Thu, 2011-07-28 at 23:09 +0800, Frederic Muller wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Thank you for the detailed updated report. I see a lot a red but can't
> find the balance from 2010. Is the situation very worrying (-$107K or
> -$105K end of September) or do we have a lot of cash?

Hi Fred,

The original plan (Proposed budget) includes some expenditures we did
not do last year and that were moved to this fiscal year.  For instance,
$50,000 on Mobile, ~$30,000 on Women's Outreach Program, ~$10,000 on
Marketing, ~$5,000 on a11y.  So, that explains the plan for the current
year to be "negative" (that you can see on the sheets 'Budget' and 'Real
+Proj').  You can compare it against the final budget for the last year
http://foundation.gnome.org/finance/gnome-foundation-budget-2010-final.ods

On the other hand, there are some red figures in the 'Waterfall' sheet.
In the case of 'Expenses' a red number means we have spent more planed
until June. In the case of 'Income', a red number means we have received
less than expected until June.

The 'Real+Proj' sheet shows what we have spent and what we expect for
the following months per item.  That said, we need to work on Friends of
GNOME.

--
Germán Póo-Caamaño
http://people.gnome.org/~gpoo/