Re: How to open Gnome Malaysia Usergroup

Mohd:

Thank you for expressing an interest in setting up a GNOME Users Group.

Note that The GNOME Foundation has official User's Groups sign the
"Trademark Agreement for Users Groups" which you can find here:

  http://live.gnome.org/Trademark

So, the first step would be to send board gnome org a signed copy of
the form if you find it agreeable.

Also the gugmasters mailing list is for people interested in GNOME
User's Groups, so it would be a good forum to join and discuss further.
Information about the list, including subscription information, is
here:

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gugmasters-list/

There is also a mailing list for GNOME users in Malaysia:

Also, you might find the asia-summit-list to be a useful resource for
general Asian GNOME topics:

Brian

I`m representative form Open Source Developer Club Malaysia (OSDCMY). We
are the local community in Malaysia that promote and market OSS to
Malaysia people. We now to ready to lead the OSS community in Malaysia s
now we start many project for OSS any link with may OSS community in
Malaysia like Ubuntu, Fedora, openSUSE, FreeBSD, Joomla, Drupal and etc.

But in Malaysia i can see we not have any GNOME community. So think we
better start one and we can start 1st translation project. OSDC.My
already manage the biggest open source conference almost 2 years already
we call it Malaysia Open Source Conference (MOSC <http://conf.oss.my>).
We now are prepare to do our 3rd MOSC2011 for this years. Yeah need a
lot of work to do now. But at least we can make people interest about
OSS and perhaps we can be one of the contributor to the OSS community
around the world. If we not start now others will not start. I`m also
involve other OSS ambassador like Fedora, openSUSE & PCBSD and OWASP.
Hope GNOME ca help us how to start GNOME Malaysia. Thanks