Re: Meeting Minutes Published - February 1st, 2011

Hi,

On 16 Feb 2011, at 22:09, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:
>
>> LiMo uses GNOME technology. They continue to support the foundation's
>> activities on a case-by-case basis, but their executive director did not
>> consider that the advisory board position was giving the foundation
>> value for money. We have been informing their advisory board
>> representatives of the great stuff we have been doing around hackfests,
>> training programmes, GNOME 3 plans, support for GTK+ on mobile, etc. but
>> Mr. Gillis was not convinced that the foundation was sufficiently
>> focussed on mobile to make the $20K a year worth paying. Obviously, I
>> disagree with him.

That's a good summary. I worked hard to help prepare the business case to justify continuing involvement, but I was not involved in the final decision making process. I'm personally sorry that our involvement with GNOME was so brief and that we did not have a chance to really fully engage with GNOME. On the plus side, we did manage to secure $10k from LiMo to GNOME for the 6 months we were advisory board members, so it's not all bad! I hope those funds can help GNOME go from strength to strength.

> By chance is the desktop environment for the Motorola Atrix laptop accessory based on LiMo?  The desktop seems to have a strong resemblance to a GNOME desktop.

It may be GNOME, but it's not LiMo that I'm aware of.

Thanks

Andrew.