Re: Desktop Summit Planning

On Wed, 2011-12-14 at 20:25 +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
> I likely going to GUADEC as I can meet *only* GNOME
> focused people. With not having a GUADEC each year, I only meet GNOME
> people every other year

I must admit this sentiment resonated. I have nothing at all against KDE
people — I've met plenty of them over the years at other conferences —
but my enthusiasm is for GNOME and the idea of going to a "GNOME
conference" that is not mostly people concerned (at whatever level of
the stack) with making GTK and GNOME awesome does not hold much appeal.

Being able to make the assumption that everyone in the hallways is, one
way or another, involved with GNOME has led to meeting all sorts of
people that I had something in common with. Which is why I've enjoyed
GUADECs and why some other F/OSS conferences have fallen short in this
respect [nothing against those events, just that it's much harder to
meet people who turn out to be relevant].

AfC
Sydney