Re: Proposal - merge the Foundation blog into gnome.org

Allan:

On 12/ 5/11 04:17 AM, Allan Day wrote:
Ping. Does someone who is on the board want to comment? How do we take
this forward?

I very much like the idea of streamlining the way we "get the word out",
so I think merging the new feed for gnome.org and the Foundation blog.

We could probably do other things to make the News more visible, like
make recent news more visible on the GNOME front page(s) for a period
of time.  I believe that one reason there is a Foundation blog is
because using it ensures that the news is visible on Planet.  It would
be ideal if we made sure that people on Planet saw the latest news,
though this could probably be done in other ways aside from having a
"Foundation blog".  Perhaps, as I suggested earlier, we could just
integrate "News" into the Planet front page more tightly.

I am not sure what you are asking, though, when you ask how do we take
this forward.  Is there disagreement about how we should set this up,
or do we need help making the changes?  For example, do you think we
need to involve the sysadmin team?

Brian