Re: Meeting Minutes Published - March 29th, 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Brian Cameron <brian cameron oracle com> wrote:

   * On February 16th, Joanmarie Diggs asked if the GNOME a11y PayPal
     account can be used to receive GNOME a11y funds.
         o The main issue is that The GNOME Foundation does not have
           the staff to handle the accounting. Currently all PayPal
           transactions are handled manually. If this could be
           automated, this would make it more possible to consider
           this sort of request.
         o Perhaps The GNOME Foundation needs to find volunteers or
           hire people to help with accounting or to automate PayPal &
           CRM automation.

The contractor I passed on to Rosanna can automate the PayPal - > CiviCRM piece.

Also if we put the requirements that Rosanna/German came up with for automating the accounting, I'm sure we could find a contractor for that.

   * There has also been discussion about whether GNOME projects
     should be allowed to join Conservancy.
         o Andreas, Bastien, Paul: -1
         o Emily, German, Og, Paul: 0
         o ACTION: Brian - Will follow up with the lawyers to discuss
           what would be involved to provide liability protection like
           what the Conservancy provides and to see if they have any
           perspective about whether the GNOME Foundation should allow
           GNOME projects to join Conservancy.
         o ACTION: Paul & Andreas - Will raise their concerns allowing
           GNOME projects joining the Conservancy.

I hope we see some more of this discussion on the Foundation lists. It worries me that we are passing on GNOME projects to the Conservancy. It makes it sound like the GNOME Foundation cannot provide for GNOME projects ...

Stormy