Re: Q: Motivation to run [WAS: Re: GNOME Board of Directors Foundation Elections Spring 2010 - The candidates]

On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 15:28 +0200, Frederic Peters wrote:
> Tobias Mueller wrote:
>
> > You are invited to ask questions by sending them to foundation-list. But
> > please try to avoid duplicates and bear in mind, that the candidates
> > invest a lot of time answering questions, thus please be reasonable with
> > the amount and scope of the questions.
>
> A question addressed to late runners... As I expect you didn't know in
> advance the deadline for announcing candidacies would be delayed, what
> in those two extra days finally convinced you to run?

I did not think that there was enough choice in candidates to provide a
useful election debate.

There was also the fact that a few people I expected to run did not.

Those 2 problems, and the fact that I was told by a few people that I
should consider running, swayed my decision.

Cheers