Re: Non-Free JavaScript

On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 22:18 -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
> Is that something we (W3C) should take up?

I raised it on a W3C list [1] and we'll see if there is
any traction.  I'll also continue to bear it in mind.
(it is not necessary at this time for people to send
messages of support (or otherwise) to that list; my goal in
posting there was to reach our (W3C) liaison with ECMA)

I don't think there is any need to continue this thread,
although if people want to contact me about it or feel there's
more to say, obviously that's OK.

As GNOME moves to making more use of JavaScript and Web integration,
this sort of issue will come up more often, and we should have
mechanisms in place to get answers.

Liam
 [1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2010JanMar/0049.html