What the board should or shouldn't say.

    Why didn't you just say that at the beginning of this thread? (The message,
    not the fact that the board should say it. I don't think people should wait
    for the board to say/do everything.) That's nicely worded and it would have
    been much more appropriate than many of your other posts.

He did not post it himself because it is written as an order from an
authority, and he does not have authority over other members.
He wrote the order he wished someone would give.

It would have been a misguided order, because it would have
misreprented what I said here.  My comment about Facebook was not a
rumor, and it was not about GNOME 3.  It was a response to a
suggestion for an app to work with Facebook.  That suggestion, and my
response, were both replies to your question about a longer-term
roadmap.

I spoke about Facebook since that's what the suggestion was about, but
the issue is broader than that, and Facebook is just an example.