Re: unsubscribing

On 03/05/2010 04:33 PM, Sandy Armstrong wrote:

>> I suggest to form workgroups which get a own mailinglist and the
>> workgroup can discuss the topic (whatever that would be) inside the
>> group and present the outcome of the discussion on foundation list.
>
> I'm not trying to knock your idea, but it is a lot of infrastructure
> to solve a problem that, realistically, requires immediate action.  It
> is not that useful for a workgroup to show up three days later and
> declare that a thread has gotten off track.  If we can address the
> problem at its source, it might work better.  For example:

I'm not sure if you understood what I meant with workgroups :) I dont
suggest workgroups which decide whether a thread is off track or not,
instead I suggest workgroups to discuss the topic of the thread in a
smaller group with everyone who is interested and present the results of
the discussion afterwards to the foundation list.

We have done this in another foundation (way smaller, I admit), because
not everyone wanted to participate at every discussion.

> * Private emails to the troublemakers, encouraging them to realize the
> damaging effects they are having.
> * Stop tolerating threads going off-topic.  Insist that a new thread
> be started, and enforce repeated offenses with temporary banning.

Anyways, I agree with you that there is immediate action needed!

 -Felix