Re: GNOME: lack of strategic roadmap

2010/3/2 Philip Van Hoof <pvanhoof gnome org>

Stop dragging the GNOME Foundation list down these off topic roads and stop this pissing contest.

I think you, and many other people, are misinterpreting this as a pissing contest. It's not. It's a quite serious debate.

And I think it's insulting of you to call it a pissing contest.

If you don't like the debate, then why aren't you simply ignoring us?

Philip, I think a lot of people are saying they'd rather not see these arguments on the Foundation list.

We've had several threads in the past month that go on and on without being productive at all and you are one of the most frequent posters to each of them.

I believe the way you respond often takes the thread off topic and turns it argumentative.

When I've asked in the past, you've been good about stopping the personal insults. Now I'm asking you to seriously consider each post you make to the Foundation list and ask yourself whether each part contributes productively to the conversation.

For example, the three sentences I quoted above do not contribute in any way to the conversation. They start an argument with J5. If you want to argue with people, take it off list.

Stormy