Re: GNOME: lack of strategic roadmap

    IMHO talking about Facebook and who should demand them to free info is a
    bit out of place here. Please let's not diverge the thread into that or
    into a battle about how much we should promote Free Software or non Free
    alternatives.

In my fantasies, the free software movement might be so influential
that we could make demands and Facebook would have to heed them.  In
reality, we are not in a position to correct the social problems
caused by Facebook, and I do not suggest making that our goal.

But we do have a duty to make sure, if we develop software
specifically to work with Facebook, that we are not promoting Facebook
as a consequence.

There are many social problems in life, and nobody would expect us to
eliminate them all.  Most of them are not our priority to work on.
But even when eliminating a problem is not our priority, we should
make an effort to avoid making it worse.