Re: Voting with nonfree software???

Bonjour,

On 11.06.2010 19:17, Richard Stallman wrote:
> I tried to vote, but it did not work, because the page for selecting
> candidates requires Javascript.  I keep Javascript disabled because
> most Javascript programs are nonfree and I don't want them in my
> machine.  (See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap.html.)

Very right. I follow your arguments and FWIW: I usually have JavaScript
disabled, too.

> I looked at the page source; the code is nontrivial, so the issue
> is nontrivial too.
>
> Would you please put a free software license on that Javascript code
> today?  I will try again to vote tomorrow and Sunday.

Dave, AFAIK does the JavaScript part come from you (not to blame you ;-)
), so would you put the code under a free license?

> Alternatively, can I email my vote to someone?

Hm. If we do not get that issue resolved quickly enough, feel free to
send your vote to elections gnome org  But then (obviously) at least one
person in (at least) the elections committee will know who you have
voted for.

Cheers,
  Tobi