Re: question for candidates

Hi Richard,

El mar, 01-06-2010 a las 17:03 -0400, Richard Stallman escribió:

> GNOME is good free software, and thus contributes at the practical
> level.  How will candidates use the user community's awareness of
> GNOME to contribute to educating the communityn about freedom?

I think we already do when we talk about GNOME, the immediate question
is always "who does it?" and then it comes the explanation about why we
love to do it, why and /how/ it's libre.

In my personal experience I enjoy explaining people why we use the
licenses we use and live as a Free Software project immediately after
they look confused at me when I say that GNOME is "libre". Most of them
don't know that software can be free as in freedom and they usually end
up with a "good things happen in the world after all" smile.

I'd just keep doing that when representing GNOME as a group or
individual.