Re: Meeting Minutes Published - November 11, 2010

El jue, 16-12-2010 a las 09:02 +0100, Tomeu Vizoso escribió:
> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 08:28, Ben Konrath <ben bagu org> wrote:
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:
> >> Based on the Orca (or even a more general a11y) roadmap, it may be
> >> possible to get some funding from companies or associations interested
> >> in seeing Orca get better (although a lot of the associations seem to be
> >> focussing more on NVDA because it works on Windows).
> >
> > Just thought I'd chime in here. I spent a bit of time searching for
> > funding to work on Caribou after the ATRC  / IDRC cut funding for my
> > position. The feedback I received was a similar story; the potential
> > funders seemed only interested in an applications that would serve
> > their users who primarily use Windows. Obviously this will be an issue
> > when searching for funding for GNOME a11y projects - especially new
> > projects that don't have an established group of users like Caribou.
>
> What about those companies deploying linux desktops in masse in public
> organizations? From time to time appear in the news some big European
> city or government department that has migrated their desktops to
> Linux. Those vendors aren't asked to provide an accessible solution?

Of course, they are good candidates. We can add to the list too.
Regional Government of Andalusia (my employer) has done that in the last
year, though I think that with economical crisis they won't have a
budget for supporting a11y projects like the year before. Anyway, ask
for some help is free :)

-- Juanjo Marin