Re: How about creating addons.gnome.org

On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 18:37 -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
> There are some licenses which are open source but not free software.
> Fortunately they are not used very often.  You can find them, more or
> less, by comparing the OSI's list of approved licenses with
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html.  I recall that
> Reciprocal Public License one of them; I found a few others but I
> don't recall which ones.

Hi Richard,

It would be very useful for discussions like these if there were
a list of licenses which are open source but not free software,
along with an explanation of why. Is that something that could
be provided on gnu.org? (I understand it would take time to
compile such a list, and that it couldn't appear tomorrow.)

That way, rather than hand-wavy arguments, if somebody asks for
open-source-but-not-free, we can ask "Which of these licenses
do you actually want, and why?"

--
Shaun