Re: How about creating addons.gnome.org

El dg 08 de 08 de 2010 a les 15:07 +0200, en/na Tomeu Vizoso va
escriure:
> On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 14:55, Jose Aliste <jose aliste gmail com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I sent this to the gnome-web-list but there was instructed to send it
> > here, so it can be more widely discussed (and maybe also in the next
> > gnome foundation meeting)
> >
> > The idea is simple (but long and complex to implement). I would love
> > to have a site addons.gnome.org, so we can have nice database with
> > plugins and other addons for desktop apps. The idea would be to
> > "borrow" ideas from the addons site of mozilla and it should support
> > different types of add-ons (for instance, for gedit, we have plugins,
> > language files, style-themes to name a few).
> >
> > So what do you think about this?
>
> Sugar Labs maintains its own fork of addons.mozilla.org for Sugar
> activities: http://activities.sugarlabs.org/

Hi,

Didn't know about it. Does it comes with a program library so
applications can hook up with so that applications can integrate it with
it?

> Would be great if more people wanted to adapt AMO to non-Mozilla uses
> and share the cost of upstreaming those modifications.
>
> Implementation wasn't really long nor complex, but you need to decide
> if you really want to replace distributions as the means to distribute
> your software.

Would be really useful if you can gives us figures on servers,
bandwidth, etc that are needed to run it so that we can make our
forecasts.

Cheers,