Re: How about creating addons.gnome.org

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 14:55, Jose Aliste <jose aliste gmail com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I sent this to the gnome-web-list but there was instructed to send it
> here, so it can be more widely discussed (and maybe also in the next
> gnome foundation meeting)
>
> The idea is simple (but long and complex to implement). I would love
> to have a site addons.gnome.org, so we can have nice database with
> plugins and other addons for desktop apps. The idea would be to
> "borrow" ideas from the addons site of mozilla and it should support
> different types of add-ons (for instance, for gedit, we have plugins,
> language files, style-themes to name a few).
>
> So what do you think about this?

Sugar Labs maintains its own fork of addons.mozilla.org for Sugar
activities: http://activities.sugarlabs.org/

Would be great if more people wanted to adapt AMO to non-Mozilla uses
and share the cost of upstreaming those modifications.

Implementation wasn't really long nor complex, but you need to decide
if you really want to replace distributions as the means to distribute
your software.

Regards,

Tomeu