Re: What do you think of the foundation?

On 31/05/2009, at 11:28 AM, Glynn Foster wrote:

On 31/05/2009, at 6:53 AM, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Waugh#Criticism

I'm rather stunned by this entry. I don't believe Jeff deserves this treatment, nor do I think it's a healthy thing to encourage (a quick browse through various other GNOME contributors shows that this seems to be an isolated case, fortunately). It's all very well to have personal issues with people [1], but this takes it a step too far. We as a community should be celebrating each member's achievements (particularly those who have been continuously supportive of the project) and not harming the chances of their employment from prospective employers. I've removed this section from the wikipedia entry.

I'm not blaming Philip here - I know he wasn't responsible for the page's content. I think it's an important point to be made though, and as with the Code of Conduct it's important to be aware of how we portray ourselves to the external community. I agree with what's been said before, GNOME has a really great reputation of having some smart folks involved with strong positive and constructive input. Let's keep that going and play the issue not the people.

Glynn