Re: What do you think of the foundation?

On 31/05/2009, at 6:53 AM, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Waugh#Criticism

I'm rather stunned by this entry. I don't believe Jeff deserves this treatment, nor do I think it's a healthy thing to encourage (a quick browse through various other GNOME contributors shows that this seems to be an isolated case, fortunately). It's all very well to have personal issues with people [1], but this takes it a step too far. We as a community should be celebrating each member's achievements (particularly those who have been continuously supportive of the project) and not harming the chances of their employment from prospective employers. I've removed this section from the wikipedia entry.

Glynn

[1] And unfortunately free and open source software seems to encourage this a little too much