Re: What do you think of the foundation?

On Sun, 2009-05-31 at 07:47 -0600, Stormy Peters wrote:

[CUT]

> But I think we are still arguing over whether or not we have a
> problem ... (and I really wish we were talking about Dave's original
> email - "what would you like to see from the Foundation" because I for
> one would really like to know what people would like to see from their
> Foundation membership and the Foundation in general.)

I already voiced that perhaps we need a ombudsman (ombudswoman) who'll
pick up the task of having a group discussion together with the two
fighters. The rest of the board should not even be involved.

The discussion shouldn't be made public (of course).

For example on how they'll communicate about and with each other in
future. Making a simple agreement between three human beings that it's
better for everybody that we try to be respectful to everybody.

The board shouldn't try do to more. And if it really wants do do
anything afterward, then that would have to be an immediate removal.

Possibly of both members.

Not the whole nine yards of then commandments or steps to officially
kick one person out. You can't make that look good by making ten
official steps, so you shouldn't try. It's always going to be ugly, so
better make it look even more ugly IF this is necessary.

That way it wont happen often. As this action is ALWAYS highly
disruptive for our community. Potentially flat out killing it.

I'd like to stress that this has never been necessary. Neither will it
ever be necessary.

SO

We are trying to fix a non-existing problem.

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
http://pvanhoof.be/blog
http://codeminded.be