Re: New Friends of GNOME program launched!

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 18:45 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Diego Escalante Urrelo wrote:
> >> fwiw I prefer men's S shirts rather than shirts that are
> >>  sized for women, because the sizing on the women's shirts is
> >>  so unpredictable, In some I'm size M, L, and I actually have
> >>  one from a LinuxWorld that I needed an XL for it to fit.
> >
> > Perhaps we could add the sizing info on the page (in inches and centimeters).
>
> I don't think there's a need. I don't believe that the t-shirt is a
> determinant in donating or not.
>
> At the numbers we're talking about, I imagine that repeat donors will
> receive an e-mail asking them what size t-shirt they'd like when the
> time comes - handle t-shirt size issues then. Automating this too early
> would be counter-productive premature optimisation.
>
> Honestly, I don't think it's an urgent enough issue to worry about now.

I agree.  However, in such case, what is the sense of asking the T-shirt
size after all?

Please, don't get me wrong.  It's not a big deal.

Just for the record, when I wanted to make a donation I thought in my
wife wearing the t-shirt and then the Kathy Sierra's post got in my
mind:

http://headrush.typepad.com/creating_passionate_users/2006/12/tech_tshirts_ar.html

Best regards,

--