Re: GNOME DVCS Survey Results

On ma, 2009-01-05 at 12:32 -0500, Diego Escalante Urrelo wrote:
> On 1/5/09, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
> >
> > 6. Check all the documentation stuff on live.gnome.org that needs to be
> >  updated. That is really important because not everybody is familiar with
> >  git. There should also be a short introduction to git somewhere on the
> >  wiki. And some announcements should probably be made...
> >

> And perhaps explain the benefits and cool stuff, if we are moving to
> !svn, we should take advantage of the new cool stuff introduced...
> that's where something like Federico's proposal to use gitorious fit.

Yes, rather than fighting over the backend storage format, let's focus
on making our developer experience better. Having a gitorious instance
for all of GNOME (our own github, powered by free & open-source software
[1]), will make collaboration much easier, as well as cover
infrastructure problems.

[1]: http://gitorious.org/projects/gitorious

--
Ruben Vermeersch (rubenv)