Re: GNOME DVCS Survey Results

2009-01-04 klockan 15:10 skrev Jason D. Clinton:
> I'd like to point out that--of the 15 people who regularly use git and
> bzr--git still won.

Two remarks.

First remark: In the survey I answered that I do not really know much about
git, and that I do not use it often. This has a reason, which I haven't seen
anyone take into account: the few times I *did* try to use git it was an
utterly frustrating experience, and I gave up pretty much immediately.
(In contrast, the bzr experience has been a lot better: many good tutorials,
better error messages and help from the command line tool, a friendly and
active community, developers who actually *do* care about their users, and a
clean, extensible design with great plugins floating around.)

Second remark: a survey is never about ‘winning’ or ‘losing’.

    — Wouter