Re: GNOME DVCS Survey Results

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 2:43 AM, Karl Lattimer <karl qdh org uk> wrote:
>> Elijah Newren did an initial analysis of the data.  His analysis also includes
>> the survey questions and answers.  Find it at:
>>
>>   http://blogs.gnome.org/newren/2009/01/03/gnome-dvcs-survey-results/
>>

> This is pretty decent analysis going on here :)
>
> I'd like to remind people of John Carr's recent blog post too, someone mentioned in the survey results actually. JC has been working on bzr with git protocol support, which would fulfil many of the requirements for having a GNOME DVCS.

I'd like to point out that--of the 15 people who regularly use git and
bzr--git still won.
<http://www.gnome.org/~shaunm/survey/first-picks-permutations.png> It
seems to me that a lot of brain power, sysadmin time, and general
proliferation of Things To Learn for New People(tm) can be saved if
the six people (1.04% of respondents) who ranked bzr above git in that
graph can just bite the bullet and admit that git won. Can we please
just all move on?

My fear is that this effort to keep bzr on life support will cause bzr
to show up as a requirement in distcheck for modules maintained by
people who are still holding out.