Re: GNOME Travel Committee & Travel Policy: A proposal for consideration and feedback

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org> wrote:
> Ok, since almost all the comments so far have been very much against the
> co-pay idea, and the GNOME Foundation is here to support the GNOME project
> and its members, I think it's not a good idea.
>
> (If you feel strongly that it is a good idea, now is the time to speak up.)

If it's a question of being able to have more people get assistance to
go to these events then I really don't see why there is much
controversy.  Stormy has mentioned that the rules won't be set in
stone and case-by-case decisions are possible.  Furthermore, the vocal
student segment had their concerns assuaged by Stormy in her previous
post.

A 200 euro copay is pretty reasonable when you consider the total cost
of getting someone to a gnome convention.  Since cost is becoming more
of a concern perhaps setting GUADEC in less exotic places might help
assuage the pain for future meetups.

Les