Re: "Private Foundation-List" Petition for referendum

On 12/15/09 1:25 PM, "Miguel de Icaza" <miguel novell com> wrote:

>     Perhaps what we do need is for the board to have a stronger
> connection to mass media and be ready to articulate public responses
> properly framing discussions and correcting any incorrect reporting.

Actually, this is something I'd suggested in the Marketing BoF at the last
GUADEC: GNOME needs people who (ideally) have been media trained, have
appropriate contacts, and are willing and able to talk to press
representatives when needed. I volunteered to be one, I don't know whether
that are others, but we haven't followed up on it so far...