Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Lefty (石鏡 ) <lefty shugendo org> wrote:
On 12/11/09 9:32 AM, "Behdad Esfahbod" <behdad behdad org> wrote:

> Quick procedural note: If you really want to pursue this, according to the
> bylaws you need support of 5% of the membership IIRC to put something to vote.
>   I'm not sure the vote would be binding though.

Is there anything in the bylaws as to how this support might be collected
and demonstrated? If not, I doubt _anything_ will ever get put to a vote...

I am *not* saying we should do this.

But in the interest of making sure people feel empowered.

The list of members is here: http://foundation.gnome.org/membership/members.php. So you can easily figure out how many 5% is (~20).

You could then create a live.gnome.org wiki page with your proposal and ask people to "sign" it much like we do the Code of Conduct.

I assume any votes (once they had enough support) would then be conducted by the Membership Committee.

Stormy