Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership

Hi,

Lionel Dricot wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 10:12:16 -0500, Richard Stallman <rms gnu org> wrote:
>> GNOME is not connected with the anti-hunting movement; there's no
>> reason it should have any position on the question.  But GNOME is part
>
> Is GNOME part of any anti-proprietary software movement?

I don't think this discussion is particularly helpful.

It does not look likely that anyone's mind will be changed, or that
Planet GNOME's policy will evolve.

All that we can hope for and advocate is that people whose blogs are
aggregated to Planet GNOME are people who adhere to the principles of
the free software movement. And if that's the case, there is no reason
that they would use their (Planet GNOME aggregated) blog to promote
software which does not measure up against those principles.

If people feel that they cannot separate their professional lives from
their personal lives on their blog, then perhaps it is appropriate that
they tag posts to do with their professional work on non-free software
with a different tag to that which is aggregated on Planet GNOME.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary