Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Richard Stallman <rms gnu org> wrote:
>    > I don't believe Frederic was pointing at Miguel.  There are people who
>    > have left the Gnome community working on products that don't use any
>    > Gnome technology posting blog post/ads for said product on PGO.
>
> I wonder whether these products are free software.
> If not, they certainly shouldn't promote them on Planet GNOME.

I think we are mashing together a bunch of issues. So, in effect, are
we looking for:

[0] a way to measure what could be appropriate content for Planet GNOME
[1] a way to prevent non-free or equivalent software being "marketed"
via the Planet
[2] a way to handle the consequences if there is either inappropriate content
[3] a way to handle the consequences if there is a pitch for software
that is orthogonal to GNOME values

I can certainly agree to the need to have a Code of Conduct,
communities have one, either implicit or, explicit. But, unless there
is a clearly delineated process to handle the exceptions, a Code of
Conduct is just a document.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>