Re: Extended deadline for GUADEC's travel sponsorship applications

On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 15:55 -0700, Sandy Armstrong wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Germán Póo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org> wrote:
> > Dear hackers,
> >
> > The deadline to apply for travel sponsorship in order to attend to
> > GUADEC has been extended.  Applications will be received until April 30,
> > 2009, 19:00 UTC.
> >
> > Instructions about the process can be read at
> > http://live.gnome.org/Travel
>
> Summer of Code students have started inquiring about GUADEC travel
> sponsorship, though very very few of them are Foundation members.
> Since I won't be attending GUADEC, I wasn't really on top of the
> deadlines.  :-/
>
> Should they follow the same process to apply for sponsorship, with the
> same deadlines?  The "community bonding" period has just started and
> we're still getting them all rounded up on the list, etc.

They should follow the same process and deadlines.  And they should
mention they are GSoC students in their applications (as some of them
already did it).  Be aware that processing applications later means
sponsoring more expensive tickets and probably less people.

However, nothing is written in stone.

Kind regards,

--
Germán Póo-Caamaño