Re: Extended deadline for GUADEC's travel sponsorship applications

Hi all,

Germán Póo-Caamaño wrote:
> The deadline to apply for travel sponsorship in order to attend to
> GUADEC has been extended.  Applications will be received until April 30,
> 2009, 19:00 UTC.
>
> Instructions about the process can be read at
> http://live.gnome.org/Travel

While the deadline has been extended, presumably because of the delays
in selecting presentations and notifying authors (and in defense of the
program committee, with a call for papers issued very late, they are
majorly accelerating the process), I would encourage anyone who needs
assistance to apply as soon as possible, before their paper is accepted,
if that's what they're waiting for.

I would hope that if you want to attend the summit to present a paper,
you would also want to present the summit even in the event that your
proposal was not accepted, after all.

Cheers,
Dave.

--