Software relicensing, how is it done ?

Hi,
        We've been talking about relicensing Glade 3 under LGPL for
a few years now (other primary contributors and myself), and I'm
about to try and bite the  bullet and take the plunge.

I have a vague idea about what things must be done and steps that must be
taken for this to happen, i.e. contacting all the authors of remaining code
portions in glade and having their consent, and documenting it all to
a certain degree...

I was hoping that the foundation could help with this, even if only
a lawyer, student of law, or just an experienced guy with this kind
of thing, could help enlighten me on what steps need to be taken,
in what order, etc. I would really apriciate the help and guidance.

Cheers,
                       -Tristan