Re: GNOME Job Posting Board

On 16 Oct 2008, at 14:15, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 13:32 +0100, Calum Benson wrote:
Any reason you didn't just set up a gnome-jobs mailing list?  There
are many things that wikis aren't particularly good for, and this
strikes me as being one of them.

Nor is a mailing list.

Why not? I've been subscribed to loads of jobs mailing lists over the years, and they work just fine. I don't recall every seeing anyone else use a wiki to advertise jobs, though.

Something we can pull with an RSS feed is
probably more appropriate.

Yes, that would work well too. (You can already pull some RSS feeds from live.gnome.org of course, but I don't know if you can limit them to a particular page-- and right now they're mostly useless because hardly anyone fills in the 'what changed' comment anyway.)

At list the wiki page does not require to subscribe to it to read it.

No, but you do have to remember to go and look at it, and that's *so* last century :)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team