Re: Copyright assignment policy

Dave Neary <bolsh gnome org> writes:
> > Furthermore - will there ever be relicensing of the software?
>
> I doubt that very much. Relicensing GNOME would be a massive
> undertaking, [...]
> [...] can take weeks and months [...]

If Mozilla could, I think GNOME can.

For GNOME, the task would be harder in some ways (bigger codebase, more
contributors, longer history), and in some ways it would be easier (Mozilla
set an example, free software's legal teams are more numerous and more
skilled today than in 2001).

--
Ciarán O'Riordan (+32 477 36 44 19) \ Support Free Software and GNU/Linux
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _________ \     Join FSFE's Fellowship: