Re: [Tracker] Proposal: Desktop Search hackfest

I would like to join it also.

On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 18:07 +0300, Quim Gil wrote:
Proposal: Desktop Search Hackfest.
Calling to: Xesam, Beagle, Tracker projects and whoever else is involved.
When: September 19 + the days the developers decide before & after.
Where: Berlin.
Why: The Board made a call to organize hackfest around events and the
Maemo Summit has answered.
Budget: Funded by Nokia within reasonable terms.

But why?

Ok, let me explain. We have some budget to sponsor participants to
https://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_Summit_2008 . We want to find a balance
between Maemo community contributors, related upstream developers and
core developers of the Maemo SW team at Nokia. We think organizing a
GNOME hackfest is a win-win.

Desktop search is an interesting area. Federico explained in GUADEC
the problems of Oralia finding her stuff and there are many more
things unsolved. It is becoming a critical area, considering that
users are getting more volumes of data, more types of files and they
have them spread through several devices and the Internet.

Its a good idea and I know the tracker devs including myself will want
to attend

I would prefer it if it was Desktop search and *Metadata* as the search
aspect is already well covered in Xesam but the use of a centralised
metadata is critical to having a well integrated desktop.

jamie