Re: yay canaries!

Hi,

I would add to Quim's list, in case this didn't happen (and I have no
idea if it did):

Take aside representatives of the unsuccessful bids *before* announcing
the decision, and let them know the decision, and why it was made.

Cheers,
Dave.

Quim Gil wrote:
> - Don't be partial to any candidate if you are involved in the
> decision (Behdad did in this list - which is fine but then it would be
> good to stay out of the process).

I believe that people participating in the decision have the right to
hold a position on the contest, and indeed, have a responsibility to
bring up points which may have been vague in the proposals and ask
questions.

I'd agree that it's inappropriate to voice a preference before the
comments period is over, though.

Cheers,
Dave.

--