Re: Call for hosts for GUADEC 2009

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 14:38 -0400, Adam Schreiber wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 2:34 PM, BJörn Lindqvist <bjourne gmail com> wrote:
> > Usa isn't the only country in North America. Maybe Canada or Mexico
> >  has less strict rules about visas? It is not hard to imagine that the
> >  Americans might feel that it is a little unfair that guadec always is
> >  in Europe. Couldn't there be two conferences?
>
> I too would appreciate another North/Central/South America based
> conference if GUADEC can't be moved across the pond occasionally.
> However, I suspect that because the GNOME summit is held in Boston
> every year we will have to make due.

It seems to me that the Boston Summit should turn into the "Americas
Conference" and leave GUADEC as the "European Conference".  While I know
that there are a lot of GNOME Folks in Boston, it would seem that moving
it around the Americas would be reasonable.

Now all we need is a cleaver acronym for it :)

		--Ted