GNOME @ Lugradio Live USA

Hi everyone,

Quick trip report from the GNOME Booth @ Lugradio Live USA.

 * Participants: Jorge Castro, Behdad Esfahbod, Roozbeh Pournader and
wife (forgot name, sorry!)
 * The foot stamps were cute, people liked them.
 * The annual GNOME Report was popular. I think people were impressed
by the quality of the booklet and the articles. People were actually
reading them at the booth.
 * North American Event Box needs some updates:
   * A webcam to demo Cheese
   * A way to run a development version of GNOME to show off new features.
     * I left an Ubuntu Hardy Live CD in the box. I think it would be
a great idea for participants who use the box to leave a current Live
CD or something so that we can show off the latest and greatest
without having to maintain the installation on the computer itself.
     * Since the box goes to events where there are GNOME-friendly
distributors, it's easy to just snag a CD from one of them to live
boot and then change the theme to be close to upstream.
   * A banner of some kind to hang from the booths.
* People are aware of the black shirt on the GNOME Store but I got
many queries about where to buy the green shirt (the
desktop+gnome=love one)
* Bottom Line: This show is going to get more popular and it should be
considered a good target for a GNOME presence in the future. I would
like to get more volunteers next year so I can enjoy the show more. :D

 * Thanks to Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier from openSUSE/Novell for ensuring
that the box got to UPS on Monday. (I left on a Sunday) Go Team GNOME!
 * Thanks to Rosanna Yuen for scheduling the shipping of the event box
and making that painless.

--
jorge