Re: GNOME @ Lugradio Live USA

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 11:15 -0400, Jorge O. Castro wrote:
> Hi everyone,

Hi Jorge,

> Quick trip report from the GNOME Booth @ Lugradio Live USA.

First let me thank you for writing this report.  Next, for writing it so
fast.

>  * Participants: Jorge Castro, Behdad Esfahbod, Roozbeh Pournader and
> wife (forgot name, sorry!)

Elnaz Sarbar. Also, the above list doesn't do justice.  You did a lot
more than me, with others somewhere in between.  Thanks a lot!

>  * The foot stamps were cute, people liked them.

Yep.

>  * The annual GNOME Report was popular. I think people were impressed
> by the quality of the booklet and the articles. People were actually
> reading them at the booth.

Agreed.  We should put a bunch in each box.  Let me thank Rosanna for
sending them overnight.

>  * North American Event Box needs some updates:
>    * A webcam to demo Cheese

We did that for the European box.  Murray, if you tell me what you
bought that worked, I can ask Rosanna to order one.

>    * A way to run a development version of GNOME to show off new features.
>
>      * I left an Ubuntu Hardy Live CD in the box. I think it would be
> a great idea for participants who use the box to leave a current Live
> CD or something so that we can show off the latest and greatest
> without having to maintain the installation on the computer itself.
>
>      * Since the box goes to events where there are GNOME-friendly
> distributors, it's easy to just snag a CD from one of them to live
> boot and then change the theme to be close to upstream.

The GNOME Developer Kit thing may be useful too.

>    * A banner of some kind to hang from the booths.

This is a very good point.  A shiny flag is a must for booths.  Any idea
where we can do that?

> * People are aware of the black shirt on the GNOME Store but I got
> many queries about where to buy the green shirt (the
> desktop+gnome=love one)

I've got similar requests too.  We really should make the green one
available online.  That's by my nonscientific measure the most popular
GNOME shirt ever.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/