Re: Can we improve things?

On 9/6/07, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
However, I am more and more disappointed by the way some people
*control* that community, even if they never contributed anything back
to it.

Hello,

totally agreed with you.

To much politics into GNOME...but it works!!
To much Novell&Co...but it works!!

In terms of community management it's a disaster...but it works!!

This is the reason why Ubuntu-like community rocks much more!!

This is the reason why in terms of management..GNOME does not drive anything at all (nvever).
They are good coders, good hackers, good peoples, good friends and this is very good for us...but..nothing else in term of community driving forces.

You made the righe choose changing to sourceforge, you can go to launchpad or savannah nongnu, very good place to work...

GNOME go ahead with or without you...'cause it's a balnced ecosystem and not a religion.
I everyday thanks this peoples than let me use probably one of the most usable Desktop environment of the world...

This is freedom...and you made the choice..we'll respect you..

Peace and Love (really!!)

Luca

--
---
Luca Cappelletti

"...Together we stand, divided we fall."

.O.
..O
OOO

Skype: luca <dot> cappelletti
Linux Registered User: #223411
Ubuntu Registered User: #7221
http://www.advogato.org/person/mutek/
http://persone.softwarelibero.org/person/mutek
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucaCappelletti/
"l'intelligenza è utile per la sopravvivenza se ci permette di estinguere una cattiva idea prima che la cattiva idea estingua noi"

"La chiave di ogni uomo è il suo pensiero. Benché egli possa apparire saldo e autonomo, ha un criterio cui obbedisce, che è l'idea in base alla quale classifica tutte le cose. Può essere cambiato solo mostrandogli una nuova idea che sovrasti la sua"

"Uno studioso è soltanto un modo in cui una biblioteca crea un'altra biblioteca "