Re: GNOME dependent on Mono

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 15:44 -0600, Shaun McCance wrote:

> We want to add support for Tracker as a search backend.  Tracker
> is implemented in good old C, and it finally seems to be getting
> some uptake.  It just takes some manpower.

With XESAM coming along, you wont need to have libtracker or libBeagle
as a dependency (really these two should be deprecated as nautilus, yelp
and Gtk file chooser can all use libxesam instead)

Nor will beagle and tracker (and other indexers) have to write their own
indexers for yelp as we will move towards having index-independent third
party indexers for both individual entities as well as crawlers for
container objects that contain lots of sub-entities (lime mbox, rss feed
etc)

Ideally the authors of yelp will be able to write their own indexer
plugin that all indexers can use

As soon as Xesam 1.0 is out (hopefully before xmas) the next thing will
be 1.1 which will have the above plug-in functionality defined

As always, lack of time is making progress on Xesam slow atm but its
getting there

jamie